This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA: patch for usage of more accurate live information for theglobaland the reload.
- From: Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com>
- To: Steven Bosscher <stevenb at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 16:11:31 -0400
- Subject: Re: RFA: patch for usage of more accurate live information for theglobaland the reload.
- References: <email@example.com>
Steven Bosscher wrote:
IMHO, df data slover is ad hoc solver too with incovinient interface (I
beleive my interface could be more general). The df interface is
designed for solution of equations of special form and for data flow
information presented only as array of (s) bitmaps indexed by basic
blocks. I am working on some optimizations where df functions can not
be used because of the constrained interface (equations are more complex).
As for data flow equation solver functions from df.c, I found that gcc
bootstrap will be ~ 1% slower with them (besides a lot of changes to the
patch). So the modified patch still contains the original data solver.
Please no, not another ad hoc dataflow solver. We already have
too many of those.
But I understand your concern about the code duplication. As I wrote I
am going to merge the code some way after merging LNO.