This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA: patch for usage of more accurate live information for theglobaland the reload.
- From: Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 15:52:30 -0400
- Subject: Re: RFA: patch for usage of more accurate live information for theglobaland the reload.
- References: <40B39CDF.firstname.lastname@example.org> <200405251939.i4PJdG232016@makai.watson.ibm.com>
David Edelsohn wrote:
I hardly understand why it is so important. It will remove away only
simple 40 lines function (and add 10-20 lines preparation of data for
the df functions).
Vlad Makarov writes:
As for data flow equation solver functions from df.c, I found that gcc
bootstrap will be ~ 1% slower with them (besides a lot of changes to the
patch). So the modified patch still contains the original data solver.
What about the improved solver on the LNO branch, as Daniel
mentioned? Why not bring that over?
When LNO is merged with the mainline, please plan to revise your
work to utilize df.c.
But Ok, I'll put it on my TODO list.