This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR optimization/13653
- From: Joern Rennecke <joern dot rennecke at superh dot com>
- To: ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr (Eric Botcazou)
- Cc: joern dot rennecke at superh dot com (Joern Rennecke), gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 19:18:25 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR optimization/13653
> > Whouldn't it be more straightforward to clear the /u flag for the giv
> > when strength reduction goes ahead?
> Is it safe to clear the /u flag in general? to clear it on givs?
I suppose it might be unsafe on MEMs, but I don't see what could
go wrong when you clear it on a REG (as long as you don't keep
cached information around about it being /u). After all, it means only
'set once' in this context. A truly unchanging giv would be a rather