This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [lno] symbolic number of iterations
- From: Olga Golovanevsky <OLGA at il dot ibm dot com>
- To: Sebastian Pop <sebastian dot pop at cri dot ensmp dot fr>
- Cc: Devang Patel <dpatel at apple dot com>, Dorit Naishlos <DORIT at il dot ibm dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 16:18:12 +0300
- Subject: Re: [lno] symbolic number of iterations
On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 12:48 AM +0300, Sebastian Pop wrote:
> I have replaced the code handling the computation of loop counts with
> a call to number_of_iterations_cond.
Sebastian, I'm sorry if it sounded as if it's your patch responsible for
the recent regression I have seen; this is not what I meant, just trying to
track down which is the relevant change.
I believe it's actually the following patch that's causing the change of
With this patch, number_of_iterations_in_loop returns 'chrec_top' for the
loop bound in tree-ssa-vect-8.c;
When I disable the patch, I get the original (good!) behavior again - the
loop bound returned is the following:
'(<unnamed type>)(n_6 - 1) + 1'
> The tests on the loop counts of
> the scev testsuite passed after this change. The problem is that the
> testsuite doesn't contains enough cases.
For example, the following vectorizer test fails now:
thanks, and sorry for any misunderstanding,