This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Search standard subdirs of -B-specified directories (take2)
- From: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at polimi dot it>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Nathanael Nerode <neroden at twcny dot rr dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 10:19:10 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Search standard subdirs of -B-specified directories (take2)
- References: <40AF50D2.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
I think you misunderstood what I meant when I said "this is a huge
change, make up a new option". I do not like the idea of changing the
semantics of -B this much, even though the code change required to
implement it is so small. Please leave -B alone and make up a new
option that does what you want.
Ok, for now I'll set aside the preinstall thing for toplevel bootstrap.
Thanks for reviewing the other bit since it is more likely to rot.
After new-bootstrapping/regtesting i686-pc-linux-gnu, I'll commit the
new-bootstrap autogeneration patch that Nathanael had approved, removing
support for preinstalling.