This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] improve C++ code by changing fold-const.c
- From: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 16:36:39 -0600 (MDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] improve C++ code by changing fold-const.c
On Thu, 20 May 2004, Richard Henderson wrote:
> On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 08:06:46PM -0600, Roger Sayle wrote:
> > Could you explain a bit more about why this is needed? At the moment,
> > I believe that it's always the case that the type of an ADDR_EXPR node
> > is a pointer type to the type of it's operand.
> False, as I discovered. See check_pointer_types_r. This is a
> significantly cleaned up set of mismatches from what we had before.
Is your preference for ADDR_EXPR to be allowed to be a form of
conversion operator, or to clean-up the existing mismatches?