This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA/RFC: Add support for exporting vtables based on dllexport/dllimport attributes
- From: "Niall Douglas" <s_fsfeurope2 at nedprod dot com>
- To: Brian Ryner <bryner at brianryner dot com>, mark at codesourcery dot com, jason at redhat dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Andy dot Sizer at symbian dot com, Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 22:30:45 +0100
- Subject: Re: RFA/RFC: Add support for exporting vtables based on dllexport/dllimport attributes
- References: <40AB6B35.email@example.com>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On 20 May 2004 at 9:27, Brian Ryner wrote:
> I'm still a bit uneasy about the PR15000 patch allowing symbols in
> different translation units to have different ideas about whether the
> symbol is hidden. I haven't been able to demonstrate any real
> problems from this though, so maybe it's ok. Probably best to get it
> in so people can test it.
You might want to read ISO C++ amendment N1496 which is at
you'll see there, they propose amending C++ to go the MSVC route of
explicit symbol exporting.
> Nick, can you send me the copyright form as well?
I've forwarded you my completed one which will save you about thirty
seconds worth of extra typing! I had thought you were a regular
patcher of GCC Brian otherwise I'd have sent you it earlier.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: idw's PGP-Frontend 22.214.171.124 / 9-2003 + PGP 8.0.2
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----