This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] kill unused function in c-common.c
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org Patches" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 15:35:58 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] kill unused function in c-common.c
- Organization: Red Hat Canada
- References: <733BDD82-A9C9-11D8-A4A1-000393A6D2F2@physics.uc.edu>
On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 15:19, Andrew Pinski wrote:
> When the tree-ssa was merged into the mainline, c_estimate_num_insns
> is no longer needed as the same functionality is handled in
> tree-inline.c on generic trees. This was once killed on the tree-ssa
> some how it came back.
The tree-ssa merge didn't touch that function. It looks as if a
mainline->branch merge from Nov03 brought it back into tree-ssa and we
never noticed. CVS is such a wonderful hammer...