This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [gfortran] PATCH arith.c, another range checking problem
- From: Tobias Schlüter <tobias dot schlueter at physik dot uni-muenchen dot de>
- To: Steve Kargl <sgk at troutmask dot apl dot washington dot edu>
- Cc: fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 13:12:16 +0200
- Subject: Re: [gfortran] PATCH arith.c, another range checking problem
- References: <20040518020357.GA41111@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Steve Kargl wrote:
This range checking problem is probably a benign bug, but I
thought we should fix it away. The fix is obvious.
I applied this as obvious.
I'm wondering if this can ever trigger. Is there a combination of
integer and real kinds where an integer can overflow a real? Or is there
something else which could happen? Nevertheless, having the correct
check in place seems more appropriate.