This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Rename tree_ann to tree_ann_t
- From: law at redhat dot com
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Steven Bosscher <stevenb at suse dot de>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>, Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>, Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 16:04:33 -0600
- Subject: Re: Rename tree_ann to tree_ann_t
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
In message <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Diego Novillo wri
>I would like to have a generic mechanism for this. We have an
>annotation scheme that sort of works but it's dynamically checked (See
>var_ann_d, stmt_ann_d, ssa_name_ann_d in tree-flow.h). Do you have any
>thoughts about this?
And there's absolutely no reason to do this... The set of annotations we
attach to nodes is completely determined by the type of the node the
annotation is attached to. In fact, the whole concept of having
tree_ann_common_d is braindead -- the only thing in there is the type
variant which we ought to be able to trivially deduce from the type
of the node which has the annotation.