This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA/RFC: Add support for exporting vtables based on dllexport/dllimportattributes
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at wasabisystems dot com>
- Cc: mark at codesourcery dot com, jason at redhat dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Andy dot Sizer at symbian dot com
- Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 10:06:05 +0100
- Subject: Re: RFA/RFC: Add support for exporting vtables based on dllexport/dllimportattributes
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The code was actually developed by Red Hat for Symbian who have been
using it successfully for a little while now. I realise that the
patch is adding a #ifdef controlled conditional piece of code to the
generic decl2.c file, but I could not think of a clean way for a
particular back end (or set of backends) to otherwise intercept the
class exporting code and add the necessary attributes.
It seems that you could at least make it a target hook rather than
using #ifdef. But I say this without really understanding what the
I did think about that, but I was hesitant because I was not sure if
language-specific target hooks are allowed. Although now that I look at
the code I notice that there is a have_ctors_dtors target hook which
looks like it might be C++ specific. (Or at least not applicable to all
I'll see what Mark and/or Jason say and it they think that it is a good
idea I will expand the patch to include it.
PS. I forgot to include with the patch a small change to
gcc/doc/tm.texi that documents the existence of the DLLEXPORTED_VTABLES
#define. I will include this is any revised patch.