This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [3.3 PATCH] Fix PR optimization/11841
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- To: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 08:08:14 +0200
- Subject: Re: [3.3 PATCH] Fix PR optimization/11841
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
> I was waiting for the outcome of your conversation with Richard G.
> It looks like that this patch won't resolve optimization/13653. But
> this is already a good step forward. So, yes, this patch is OK for
Do you want me to apply it to the branch now?
As for PR opt/13653, I came to the conclusion that the problem is different.
Volker identified the patch that had created PR opt/11841 and reverting it
doesn't cure PR opt/13653. Moreover I skimmed through the RTL generated by
GCSE and didn't find any problematic REG_EQUAL note.
I spent a couple of hours 2 weeks ago on it, but the lack of reduced testcase
is definitely a blocker. So either the bug shows up only with big code and
there is little chance it will be fixed, or the bottleneck is the reduction
process and we lack an automated tool in this area.