This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC PATCH] implement fma() as builtin x87 or SSE intrinsic
- From: Geert Bosch <bosch at gnat dot com>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 19:04:01 -0400
- Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH] implement fma() as builtin x87 or SSE intrinsic
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On May 13, 2004, at 16:35, Roger Sayle wrote:
Also would a single MULTPLUS rtx be sufficient? I remember seeing a
number of operand negatation variants when you improved the fmadd
support for the rs6000. Can these all be handled by allowing NEG
operands to MULTPLUS or were they just canonicalizing the RTL to
ensure that the fmadd instruction gets used?
All variants like fms, fnma etc. can be expressed in
terms of negation and fma. I have no idea however what
the best way is to canonicalize these.