This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFA:] Fix PR optimization/15296, delayed-branch-slot bug.
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- To: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 21:32:59 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFA:] Fix PR optimization/15296, delayed-branch-slot bug.
- References: <200405111827.i4BIR58o026285@ignucius.se.axis.com>
> Was that also including running the test-suite before and after
> with no regressions?
After only. I know the results of the GCC testsuite on SPARC/Solaris by
heart, there was not a single regression.
> > Needless to say this doesn't change my position :-)
> But it strengthens mine. ;-)
Yes, definitely. You were a bit perverse when you asked me to do this
> Out of curiosity, what would change your position (that the
> correction is inappropriate for the 3.3 branch IIRC)?
> A test-case that exposes this bug for SPARC (3.3 and 3.4
> That this bug through other changes gets exposed in a SPARC
> bootstrap (3.3 and 3.4 respectively)?
As I have said since the very beginning, a version prior to 3.3.3 that
doesn't exhibit the bug, on whatever platform you want. I guess that, given
how buried in reorg.c the bug appears to be, that's next to impossible.
Anyway, you don't need to convince me, only the branch maintainer.