This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] new-bootstrap with preinstalling
- From: Nathanael Nerode <neroden at twcny dot rr dot com>
- To: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 01:13:41 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] new-bootstrap with preinstalling
- References: <409B8C56.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Paolo Bonzini wrote:
OK, provided the problems below aren't problems.
New-bootstrapped/regtested i686-pc-linux-gnu, ok for mainline if the
gcc.c patch is approved?
Sorry I've been so absentee about the configuration/Makefile work; I
will probably continue to be so for a month or more.
I think we have to support bootstrapping on targets with no symlinks,
don't we? :-P Perhaps this ought to be done using $(LN_S), and the
code for getting that should be put somewhere Or something. Or maybe
we don't have to and this isn't really a problem.
2004-05-07 Paolo Bonzini <email@example.com>
* Makefile.tpl (new-bootstrap): Use symbolic links instead of
(configure-stage2-gcc): Likewise, plus use preinstalled gcc.
(configure-stage3-gcc): Likewise, plus use preinstalled gcc.
(all-stage1-gcc): Preinstall after making.
(all-stage3-gcc): Remove STAGE_PREFIX, moved to
(all-stage2-gcc): Both of the above.
(POSTSTAGE1_FLAGS_TO_PASS): Point to preinstalled gcc, and