This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: allow asm in-out memory operands again
- From: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 18:40:36 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: allow asm in-out memory operands again
- References: <20040506223826.GA18857@redhat.com>
On Thu, 6 May 2004, Richard Henderson wrote:
> Due to popular demand, and the fact that it's simple enough to
> expand ("+m"(x)) -> ("=m"(x) : "m"(x)).
> The stmt.c hunk I applied to 3.4. We already do the right thing
> there; the warning was added for presumed tree-ssa changes.
I don't see this. The 3.4 stmt.c:expand_asm_operands still simply
generates a matching input constraint for all inout constraint independend
of if they allow registers or not. *this* is what breaks reload sometimes
and the reason for the warning.