This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: allow asm in-out memory operands again
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 22:02:59 -0400
- Subject: Re: allow asm in-out memory operands again
- References: <20040506223826.GA18857@redhat.com>
On Thu, 6 May 2004 15:38:26 -0700, Richard Henderson <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Due to popular demand, and the fact that it's simple enough to
> expand ("+m"(x)) -> ("=m"(x) : "m"(x)).
> The stmt.c hunk I applied to 3.4. We already do the right thing
> there; the warning was added for presumed tree-ssa changes.
On the contrary, the warning was added because other people told me that
the existing compiler would silently do the wrong thing with them, and I
thought it would be better for it to warn.