This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [m68k]: Merged ColdFire patch
- From: Peter Barada <peter at the-baradas dot com>
- To: peter at the-baradas dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 19:58:23 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: [m68k]: Merged ColdFire patch
- References: <20040506162302.C8099990F3@baradas.org>
>Since the various patches I submitted yesterday overlap, as well I
>have more changes for ColdFire V4 I'm resubmitting a single patch
>which merges the patches submitted yesterday, and address comments
>from yesterday, representing:
>1) Adds register offset addressing for all ColdFire cores
>2) Uses mov3q.l to store SImode constants(-1, 1..7) into memory for ColdFire V4
>3) Allow 'move.[bw] #imm,d16(Ax)' for ColdFire V4
>4) Use mvs/mvz to load constatins into a data register for ColdFire V4
>5) Use mvz/mvs to sign/zero extend from memory for ColdFire V4
>6) Use cmp.b and cmp.w for ColdFire V4.
I don't know why, but the combined patch dails to boot the uClinux 2.4
kernel on 5407 hardware. I'm digging into it now, and hope to have an
updated patch tomorrow sometime.