This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFA:] Fix PR optimization/15296, delayed-branch-slot bug.
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- To: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 15:40:33 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFA:] Fix PR optimization/15296, delayed-branch-slot bug.
- References: <200405061055.i46At4Kw024395@ignucius.se.axis.com>
> Except for the occasional bugfix by me and others...
Yep, and I'm in the lot too :-)
> Hey, you just don't trust my bug report! That hurts!
I fail to see why you say that. I know of several bugs on the 3.3 branch
that will not be fixed on that branch.
> To counter your statement, let me say I definitely want this
> proved and well-contained bug fixed on all open branches rather
> than remaining. If you don't want to test the patch, then
> don't, but then I think you have no particular reason to judge
> it either.
Well, it will really be proved only after it has passed full bootstrap on
SPARC 32-bit and 64-bit. It looks indeed safe but <habitual rant about
bugfixes that uncover other bugs>.