This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFA:] Fix PR optimization/15296, delayed-branch-slot bug.
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com>
- To: ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr
- Cc: hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 12:55:04 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFA:] Fix PR optimization/15296, delayed-branch-slot bug.
> From: Eric Botcazou <email@example.com>
> Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 12:40:45 +0200
> > > Is the bug a regression from an earlier release?
> > No. Is that a stop-gap for testing on your part?
> Not really, but given that the reorg.c code has been little touched for the
> past few years,
Except for the occasional bugfix by me and others...
> I'd rather not have it touched on the 3.3 branch at this
> point if not for a regression fix.
Hey, you just don't trust my bug report! That hurts!
To counter your statement, let me say I definitely want this
proved and well-contained bug fixed on all open branches rather
than remaining. If you don't want to test the patch, then
don't, but then I think you have no particular reason to judge
> Of course branch maintainers have the final word on this.
I sure hope so.