This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- From: Eric Christopher <echristo at redhat dot com>
- To: Ulrich Weigand <weigand at i1 dot informatik dot uni-erlangen dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, uweigand at de dot ibm dot com
- Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 18:14:38 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH]
- References: <200405040111.DAA06848@faui1d.informatik.uni-erlangen.de>
> Ah, because the call pattern is thought to clobber reg 0 .. 5 !
> Yes, this would explain a lot of weird behaviour.
> Since the core problem is that the TPF trace calls are *not* actual
> calls as they don't clobber any reg except 1, your patch makes
> perfect sense now.
Right. This took way too long to figure out. :|
> > I thought that it wouldn't be guaranteed to have anything there going in
> > here, but I can add the clobber.
> Please do; incomplete RTX semantics make me nervous ;-)
Eric Christopher <firstname.lastname@example.org>