This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Implementing Swing Modulo Scheduling in GCC
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com>
- Cc: mustafa at il dot ibm dot com, zaks at il dot ibm dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 15:09:34 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Implementing Swing Modulo Scheduling in GCC
- References: <200403261952.i2QJqpu5031857@torque.toronto.redhat.com>
Vladimir Makarov <email@example.com> writes:
>> + "The maximum number of loops we want to perfrom SMS on them\
>> + (we use this for debuggin).",
> ^ typo
> It would be great if you check all code for other typos too. I found
> some of them. But it can be done later.
Also English grammar should be improved. There are many native
speakers on this list who can help with that. (In this case the
problem is that "we want to" cannot be put directly after "The maximum
number of loops". I would suggest "Maximum number of loops to perform
swing modulo scheduling on (mainly for debugging)". -- note the
omission of any initial "the", which is not quite proper English but
is the preferred style in GCC; also, spelling out "swing modulo
scheduling" as "SMS" is an ambiguous acronym.