This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] GCC Warning Options Documentation
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- To: "Stephan T. Lavavej" <stl at caltech dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org,"Joseph S. Myers" <jsm at polyomino dot org dot uk>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 03:39:21 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] GCC Warning Options Documentation
- References: <20040216022657.60857109BCA@earth-ox.its.caltech.edu>
On Sun, 15 Feb 2004, Stephan T. Lavavej wrote:
> The basic point of the patch is to clean up the -Wall issues, and to a
> lesser extent the -Wunused issues. Feedback would be appreciated; I don't
> know if I've missed something or done something wrong.
This all looks fine -- sorry for failing to respond earlier! (In general
it's easier to review smaller patches.)
Would you mind providing a ChangeLog, reformat your patch to avoid long
lines (>77 characters) in added/changed stuff, and resend your patch?
I'll be offline next week, so I'm Cc:ing Joseph. Joseph, would you mind
having a look then?
> In particular, while I know how to bootstrap gcc, I don't know if that
> generates the documentation, or how to test that my changes didn't screw
> anything up. (I don't know Texi or whatever this format is.)
You can do `make dvi` at the top level, for example.
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry) firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/