This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH]: Add wctype builtin functions
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm at polyomino dot org dot uk>
- To: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 01:26:02 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH]: Add wctype builtin functions
- References: <200403260056.i2Q0uYxd000309@caip.rutgers.edu>
On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
> This patch adds some wctype builtin functions so we can mark their
> attributes. I made them all C99 and "pure".
Except for iswblank, they should be C94 built-ins (a category we don't
currently have but which can easily be added).
(C94 has the peculiarity that functions with names *not* already reserved
in C90 were only reserved as identifiers with external linkage if some
translation unit includes <wchar.h> or <wctype.h>, so functions such as
wprintf which were added in C94 can only be C99 built-ins. But C90
reserves is[a-z]* and to[a-z]* so this isn't a problem for the wctype
functions in this patch.)
Joseph S. Myers