This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH]: Add ctype builtin declarations
- From: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- To: roger at eyesopen dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 10:59:35 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH]: Add ctype builtin declarations
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
> From: Roger Sayle <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
> > 2004-03-25 Kaveh R. Ghazi <email@example.com>
> > * builtins.def: Add ctype builtins.
> > * doc/extend.texi: Likewise.
> > * gcc.dg/torture/builtin-ctype-1.c: New test.
> Ok for mainline.
> Language standards aren't my area of expertise, but the newlib man
> pages state that "isascii" is ANSI C, but "toascii" is not. Could
> you double check that BUILT_IN_ISASCII shouldn't be DEF_LIB_BUILTIN
> instead of DEF_EXT_LIB_BUILTIN?
According to the Open Group reference:
as well as the glibc ctype.h header:
isascii (and toascii) are creatures of SVID & X/OPEN.
Kaveh R. Ghazi firstname.lastname@example.org