This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patches for the allocators (malloc/debug).
- From: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- To: Dhruv Matani <dhruvbird at HotPOP dot com>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 15:38:30 -0600
- Subject: Re: Patches for the allocators (malloc/debug).
- Organization: Red Hat / Chicago
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>I don't know what the intention was in making malloc_allocator not throw
>anything but that makes it non-compliant, and also the user is not
>warned about any unsuccessful allocations, So I have added that check.
Yep. Good catch!
>Also, I have added another check in debug_allocator for checking whether
>a NULL pointer was passed.
I apologize for the delay.
This patch is in, thanks!