This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: patch: trunc/fix cleanups
- From: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- To: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- Cc: rth at redhat dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 13:36:04 -0400
- Subject: Re: patch: trunc/fix cleanups
- References: <20040219175924.GA1476@redhat.com> <Pine.BSF.email@example.com>
On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 11:31:52AM -0500, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Aldy Hernandez wrote:
> > [As discussed on IRC]
> > In tracking down a bug in ppc-e500, I ran into can_fix_p. It looks
> > like the fix patterns won't work unless ftrunc patterns exist for the
> > machine description. This isn't documented anywhere. Luckily, only
> > 68k and mmix suffer from this.
> No, that's wrong, MMIX doesn't suffer. It has "fix_truncdfdi2"
> and "ftruncdf2". If I misunderstood you, please clarify so I
> can fix whatever needs fixing.
Ah ok. You're right. My bad.