This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Bad choices by expand_mult_highpart
- From: Richard Sandiford <rsandifo at redhat dot com>
- To: Ulrich Weigand <weigand at i1 dot informatik dot uni-erlangen dot de>
- Cc: roger at eyesopen dot com (Roger Sayle), ja2morri at csclub dot uwaterloo dot ca (James Morrison), gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 20:16:12 +0000
- Subject: Re: Bad choices by expand_mult_highpart
- References: <200403221935.UAA12225@faui1d.informatik.uni-erlangen.de><firstname.lastname@example.org>
Richard Sandiford <email@example.com> writes:
> I'm assuming that CNST1, as passed to expand_mult_highpart, is required
> to be a legitimate INTVAL for mode MODE. That means it'll be legitimate
> for WIDER_MODE as well.
Duh. Sorry, I was forgetting that INTVAL is always sign-extended.