This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Update regs_ever_live in regrename
- From: Ulrich Weigand <weigand at i1 dot informatik dot uni-erlangen dot de>
- To: roger at eyesopen dot com (Roger Sayle), jh at suse dot cz
- Cc: weigand at i1 dot informatik dot uni-erlangen dot de (Ulrich Weigand), gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:28:29 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Update regs_ever_live in regrename
Roger Sayle wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, Ulrich Weigand wrote:
> > * regrename.c (regrename_optimize): Set regs_ever_live for all
> > registers introduced as replacement.
> This is OK for mainline.
> Is this a regression that affects 3.3 or 3.4?
Hmmm, it looks like this was introduced to mainline only by this patch:
which removes the PROP_REG_INFO argument from the final update_live_info
call in regrename_optimize ...
Honza, what was the reason for removing PROP_REG_INFO? Should it be
added back, or is my simple fix an OK solution?
Dr. Ulrich Weigand