This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] GCSE after reload - resubmit (SPECint +1.5% fp -0.5%).
- From: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Mostafa Hagog <MUSTAFA at il dot ibm dot com>, Ayal Zaks <ZAKS at il dot ibm dot com>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Kazu Hirata <kazu at cs dot umass dot edu>
- Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 11:34:04 -0700 (MST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] GCSE after reload - resubmit (SPECint +1.5% fp -0.5%).
On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, David Edelsohn wrote:
> 2004-03-18 Mostafa Hagog <email@example.com>
> * gcse.c (eliminate_partially_redundant_loads): Reject change if
> dest is set between beginning and current insn.
Ok for mainline with David's improved ChangeLog entry.
Do you have any figures on how many partially redundant loads this
change affects? Presumably very few given the rare incidence of
Thanks to all who helped identify and resolve this problem.