This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: Two C regressions in GCC 3.4.
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: mark at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 11:07:47 -0800
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Two C regressions in GCC 3.4.
- References: <200403181857.i2IIvCBr015326@sirius.codesourcery.com>
Mark Mitchell <email@example.com> writes:
> This patch fixes two regressions in C conformance for GCC 3.4 found by
> running testsuites.
> The first has to do with block-scope "extern" declarations for the
> same identifier already declared as "static" in the global scope. I
> added code to issue an error about that a while back, but it's too
> aggressive; that's only invalid if there's an intervening declaration
> that makes the outer declaration invisible.
This is PR 14366, by the way.