This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] More aggressive --gc-sections
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at wasabisystems dot com>
- To: law at redhat dot com
- Cc: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at act-europe dot fr>, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 18 Mar 2004 12:16:02 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] More aggressive --gc-sections
- References: <200403181709.i2IH9HsP018674@speedy.slc.redhat.com>
> If you wanted to improve the long term maintainability of this code as
> well as its compatibility with non-GC'd code you could put the special
> GC related relocations into their own special section from the main
To clarify: don't use ELF relocations at all. Instead, put the
required information in a special section. That way the information
can be backend-independent. (You can use the ELF relocation format if
you like, but something other format would probably be fine too).