This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Create vector types on demand and deprecate __attribute__ ((mode(Vxxyy)))
- From: "Paolo Bonzini" <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- To: "Richard Henderson" <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 09:21:38 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Create vector types on demand and deprecate __attribute__ ((mode(Vxxyy)))
- References: <20040310110612.GA18875@fencepost> <20040316215517.GH12974@redhat.com>
> This is a mistake. We're looking to get rid of some of the vector
> modes, remember?
We will, but we still have them...
> I think a better definition of vector type
> compatibility is if the width is the same and the underlying types
> are compatible.
... that was going to be in a follow-up patch that implemented the second part
of your plan. I will try to work on it after tree-ssa is merged, because I'd
like to use the same approach that is used to lower complex types (if I
> I don't suppose these get hashed anywhere? Given how __vector_size__
> gets used by Altivec, I'd hate to be creating new type nodes every
> time the attribute is mentioned.
Are you really going to create more than 40-50 such types? I can add back
some kind of hashing later if you want.