This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch ping (1 middle-end, 1 C front-end)
- From: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 13:50:18 -0400
- Subject: Re: Patch ping (1 middle-end, 1 C front-end)
- References: <20040316094445.GA1947@fencepost> <email@example.com>
On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 09:11:33AM -0800, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> Bonzini <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> > March 10
> > Create vector types on demand and deprecated creating them with
> > __attribute__ ((mode (Vxxyy)))
> > http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2004-03/msg00843.html
> Run this by Aldy Hernandez. If he doesn't have a problem, it's
Sounds good to me.
One issue I do have is with:
(The second suggestion was to use vector modes only if they are really
supported by the target, and use a similarly-sized vector type
otherwise; this is quite complex, probably more than these two items I
If you only define vector modes for supported targets, how will a
SIMD-less target use generic vectors?