This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
committed: Ada updates
- From: Arnaud Charlet <charlet at ACT-Europe dot FR>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 15:55:04 +0100
- Subject: committed: Ada updates
Tested on x86-linux
Sorry for the big update in one chunk, I was in vacation last week, and
I don't have any script to split these commits in smaller chunks (nor
do I see any simple way to achieve such task reliably).
If people have scripts that work reliably to be shared, feel free to share
2004-03-15 Jerome Guitton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* 3zsoccon.ads: Fix multicast options.
* s-thread.ads: Move unchecked conversion from ATSD_Access to Address
in the spec.
2004-03-15 Robert Dewar <email@example.com>
* sem_prag.adb: Make sure No_Strict_Aliasing flag is set right when
pragma used for a private type.
* lib-xref.adb (Generate_Reference): Do not generate warning if
reference is in a different unit from the pragma Unreferenced.
* 5vtpopde.adb: Minor reformatting
Fix casing of To_Task_ID
* sem_ch13.adb (Validate_Unchecked_Conversion): Set No_Strict_Aliasing
flag if we have an unchecked conversion to an access type in the same
2004-03-15 Geert Bosch <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* a-ngcoty.adb (Modulus): In alternate formula for large real or
imaginary parts, use Double precision throughout.
* a-tifiio.adb (Put_Scaled): Remove remaining pragma Debug. Not only
we want to be able to compile run-time with -gnata for testing, but
this may also be instantiated in user code that is compiled with -gnata.
2004-03-15 Olivier Hainque <email@example.com>
* s-stalib.ads (Exception_Code): New type, to represent Import/Export
codes. Having a separate type for this is useful to enforce consistency
throughout the various run-time units.
(Exception_Data): Use Exception_Code for Import_Code.
* s-vmextra.ads, s-vmexta.adb: Use Exception_Code instead of a mix of
Natural and Integer in various places.
(Register_VMS_Exception): Use Base_Code_In to compute the exception code
with the severity bits masked off.
(Register_VMS_Exception): Handle the additional exception data pointer
* raise.c (_GNAT_Exception structure): Remove the handled_by_others
component, now reflected by an exported accessor.
(is_handled_by): New routine to compute whether the propagated
occurrence matches some handler choice specification. Extracted out of
get_action_description_for, and expanded to take care of the VMS
(get_action_description_for): Use is_handled_by instead of an explicit
complex condition to decide if the current choice at hand catches the
* raise.h (Exception_Code): New type for C.
* rtsfind.ads (RE_Id, RE_Unit_Table): Add
System.Standard_Library.Exception_Code, to allow references from the
pragma import/export expander.
* a-exexpr.adb (Is_Handled_By_Others, Language_For, Import_Code_For):
New accessors to allow easy access to GNAT exception data
(GNAT_GCC_Exception record, Propagate_Exception): Get rid of the
redundant Handled_By_Others component, helper for the personality
routine which will now be able to call the appropriate exception data
* cstand.adb (Create_Standard): Adjust the type of the Import_Code
component of Standard_Exception_Type to be the closest possible to
Exception_Code in System.Standard_Library, that we cannot get at this
point. Expand a ??? comment to notify that this type node should
probably be rewritten later on.
* exp_prag.adb (Expand_Pragma_Import_Export_Exception): Adjust the
registration call to include a pointer to the exception object in the
* init.c (__gnat_error_handler): Use Exception_Code and Base_Code_In
instead of int and explicit bitmasks.
2004-03-15 Vincent Celier <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* vms_data.ads: Add new GNAT BIND qualifier /STATIC. Makes /NOSHARED
equivalent to /STATIC and /NOSTATIC equivalent to /SHARED.
* a-tasatt.adb (To_Access_Code): Remove this UC instantiation, no
longer needed now that it is in the spec of
* adaint.h, adaint.c: (__gnat_create_output_file): New function
* gnatcmd.adb: Fix bug introduced in previous rev: /= instead of =
* g-os_lib.ads, g-os_lib.adb (Create_Output_Text_File): New function.
* make.adb (Gnatmake): Do not check the executable suffix; it is being
taken care of in Scan_Make_Arg.
(Scan_Make_Arg): Add the executable suffix only if the argument
following -o, in canonical case, does not end with the executable
suffix. When in verbose mode and executable file name does not end
with executable suffix, output the executable name, in canonical case.
* s-tataat.ads (Access_Dummy_Wrapper): Add pragma No_Strict_Aliasing
to avoid warnings when instantiating Ada.Task_Attributes.
* mlib-prj.adb (Process_Imported_Libraries): Get the imported libraries
in the correct order.
* prj-makr.adb (Process_Directory): No longer use GNAT.Expect, but
redirect standard output and error to a file for the invocation of the
compiler, then read the file.
* prj-nmsc.adb (Find_Sources): Use the Display_Value for each
directory, instead of the Value.
(Find_Source_Dirs): Remove useless code & comments.
2004-03-15 Ed Schonberg <email@example.com>
* exp_ch3.adb (Freeze_Record_Type): If a primitive operation of a
tagged type is inherited, and the parent operation is not frozen yet,
force generation of a freeze node for the inherited operation, so the
corresponding dispatch entry is properly initialized.
(Make_Predefined_Primitive_Specs): Check that return type is Boolean
when looking for user-defined equality operation.
* exp_ch4.adb (Expand_Composite_Equality): Check that return type is
boolean when locating primitive equality of tagged component.
* exp_ch5.adb (Expand_Assign_Array): If the left-hand side is a
bit-aligned field and the right-hand side a string literal, introduce
a temporary before expanding assignment into a loop.
* exp_ch9.adb (Expand_N_Task_Type_Declaration): Copy expression for
priority in full, to ensure that any expanded subepxressions of it are
elaborated in the scope of the init_proc.
* exp_prag.adb (Expand_Pragma_Import): Search for initialization call
after object declaration, skipping over code that may have been
generated for validity checks.
* sem_ch12.adb (Validate_Private_Type_Instance): If type has unknown
discriminants, ignore the known discriminants of its full view, if
any, to check legality.
* sem_ch3.adb (Complete_Private_Subtype): Do not create constrained
component if type has unknown discriminants.
(Analyze_Private_Extension_Declaration): Discriminant constraint is
null if type has unknown discriminants.
* sem_ch6.adb (Analyze_Generic_Subprogram_Body): Generate reference
for end label when present.
* s-fileio.adb (Open): When called with a C_Stream, use given name for
temporary file, rather than an empty string.
2004-03-15 Ed Falis <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* s-thread.adb: Removed, no longer used.
2004-03-15 Richard Kenner <email@example.com>
* decl.c (target.h): Now include.
(gnat_to_gnu_entity, case E_Access_Type): Use mode derived from ESIZE
in new build_pointer_from_mode calls for non-fat/non-thin pointer.
(validate_size): For POINTER_TYPE, get smallest size permitted on
* fe.h: Sort Einfo decls and add Set_Mechanism.
* Makefile.in: (LIBGNAT_SRCS): Remove types.h.
(ada/decl.o): Depends on target.h.
* trans.c (tree_transform, N_Unchecked_Type_Conversion): Do not use
FUNCTION_BOUNDARY; always use TYPE_ALIGN.
2004-03-15 Thomas Quinot <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* 5ztpopsp.adb, 56tpopsp.adb: Fix spelling of Task_ID.
* exp_ch4.adb (Expand_N_Indexed_Component): Do not call
Insert_Dereference_Action when rewriting an implicit dereference into
an explicit one, this will be taken care of during expansion of the
(Expand_N_Slice): Same. Always do the rewriting, even for the case
of non-packed slices, since the dereference action generated by
expansion of the explicit dereference is needed in any case.
(Expand_N_Selected_Component): When rewriting an implicit dereference,
analyze and resolve the rewritten explicit dereference so it is seen
by the expander.
(Insert_Dereference_Action): This procedure is now called only for the
expansion of an N_Explcit_Dereference_Node. Do insert a check even for
dereferences that do not come from source (including explicit
dereferences resulting from rewriting implicit ones), but do not
recursively insert a check for the dereference nodes contained within
(Insert_Dereference_Action): Clarify and correct comment.