This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: maintainer-scripts/gcc_release
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm at polyomino dot org dot uk>
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 22:45:11 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: PATCH: maintainer-scripts/gcc_release
- References: <Pine.BSF.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> -# The directory in which the files will be placed.
> +# The directory in which the files will be placed (must not use quotes
> +# or ~ftp syntax will break).
When running remotely (e.g. for releases), ~ftp must be expanded on
gcc.gnu.org - not on the system running the script.
When running with -l (as for snapshots), FTP_PATH is already set without
the quotes in the handling of the -l option.
Joseph S. Myers