This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [3.4 PATCH] Fix bitfield-- != 0 transformation in fold-const.c
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 10:13:04 -0800
- Subject: Re: [3.4 PATCH] Fix bitfield-- != 0 transformation in fold-const.c
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
Roger Sayle wrote:
The following patch is a backport of my recent mainline patch to
fix the "bitfield-- != 0" -> "--bitfield != 1" optimization in fold.
This is a wrong-code regression from gcc 3.3 that has been latent
for a while, but has been exposed by an unrelated change prior to
branching for 3.4.
The following patch has been tested against the gcc-3_4-branch on
i686-pc-linux-gnu with a full bootstrap and regression tested with
no new failures. The only change relative to the mainline version
is the use of "build" rather than "build2" (which is only on mainline).
Ok for the gcc-3_4-branch?