This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix bitfield-- != 0 transformation in fold-const.c
- From: "Paolo Bonzini" <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- To: "Roger Sayle" <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 07:41:20 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix bitfield-- != 0 transformation in fold-const.c
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
> Consider x equals zero. "x-- > -32768" is true, but "--x > 32767" isn't.
Gosh, right. Maybe it is worth to add a similar but separate optimization to
so that x-- > N becomes --x >= N and x++ < N become ++x <= 0; this would at
least take care of backward-counting loops on targets that cannot activate