This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [debug/13267] proposed patch to dwarf2out.c
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at specifixinc dot com>
- To: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Cc: fnf at ninemoons dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 23:21:26 -0800
- Subject: Re: [debug/13267] proposed patch to dwarf2out.c
- References: <200403022204.i22M4JLN008210@greed.delorie.com>
DJ Delorie wrote:
* dwarf2out.c (add_location_or_const_value_attribute): Adjust
for when a variable is stored in a larger-sized memory
Just grepping dwarf2out.c for BYTES_BIG_ENDIAN, I see that there is
already big-endian correction code in rtl_for_decl_location, and the rtl
you are trying to fix was generated by rtl_for_decl_location. So it
appears that the real problem here is in rtl_for_decl_location, not in
The rtl_for_decl_location code incidentally shows a much better way of
doing this, by calling plus_constant.
Maybe the problem is that offset is based on UNITS_PER_WORD instead of
on the rtl mode size?
By full testsuite, I hope you mean the gdb one in addition to the gcc
one. Running the gdb testsuite is necessary to test changes to
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.SpecifixInc.com