This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] PR middle-end/14289: TREE_STATIC global reg vars
- From: kaih at khms dot westfalen dot de (Kai Henningsen)
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 04 Mar 2004 22:39:00 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR middle-end/14289: TREE_STATIC global reg vars
- Comment: Unsolicited commercial mail will incur an US$100 handling fee per received mail.
- Organization: Organisation? Me?! Are you kidding?
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
firstname.lastname@example.org (Roger Sayle) wrote on 28.02.04 in <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>:
> register int a asm("ebx");
Maybe I'm a bit thick - but what is that supposed to mean? Surely it isn't
the same as 'register int *a asm("ebx");' - not a parameter, after all -
but if I'm not completely mistaken, this seems to ask for putting two 32
bit values into one 32 bit register.