This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: -Wextra-strict-aliasing proposal
- From: "Stephan T. Lavavej" <stl at caltech dot edu>
- To: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 21:24:42 -0800
- Subject: RE: -Wextra-strict-aliasing proposal
- Reply-to: <stl at caltech dot edu>
> I plan to add this in a few days unless someone has an
> objection to it.
As a normal user, I would argue that -Wextra-X is a bad name because it
suggests that it is part of -Wextra (the option formerly known as -W).
I propose -Wvery-strict-aliasing.
Stephan T. Lavavej