This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFC: -Wstrict-aliasing extension
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at specifixinc dot com>
- To: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 01 Mar 2004 16:13:58 -0800
- Subject: Re: RFC: -Wstrict-aliasing extension
- References: <email@example.com> <40430CA5.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 02:12, Nathan Sidwell wrote:
> IMHO 'might' is better than 'may'
Good point. I will correct my patch.
> As to 'type-punning' perhaps 'type-punning via pointer casting'. I
> thought it was a generally well known phrase.
I don't know. I think it is well known among gcc hackers, but I can't
say about the general public. I didn't suggest changing this wording,
and I haven't seen any evidence that it is a problem, so I am not
planning on changing the wording.
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.SpecifixInc.com