This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA: disparage CLASS_LIKELY_SPILLED reloads for fully used register classes; fixes sh-elf build failure
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: joern dot rennecke at superh dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 16:00:52 -0500
- Subject: Re: RFA: disparage CLASS_LIKELY_SPILLED reloads for fully used register classes; fixes sh-elf build failure
- References: <200403012052.i21KqR630318@linsvr3.uk.superh.com>
> The function return value register issue rears its ugly head again,
> causing a build failure for newlib (vfprintf.c -m4-single-only) on sh-elf.
> The failure occurs for this insn:
I've already submitted a patch for this, for sched-deps.c. See the
thread titled "Patch: enabling 1st insn scheduling for sh4". The
scheduler needs to keep the call and the return value assignment
together, even when there's a stack adjustment.