This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[PATCH, committed] Fix three comments
- From: Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 04:40:33 -0500
- Subject: [PATCH, committed] Fix three comments
Committed as obvious.
2004-03-01 Paolo Bonzini <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* combine.c (try_combine): Do not refer to is_replaced.
(gen_lowpart_for_combine): Perverse subregs now have a
more politically correct name.
* cse.c (cse_insn): Likewise.
* jump.c: Fix bogus reference to delete_insn.
RCS file: /cvs/gcc/gcc/gcc/combine.c,v
retrieving revision 1.415
diff -u -r1.415 combine.c
--- combine.c 27 Feb 2004 23:47:59 -0000 1.415
+++ combine.c 1 Mar 2004 09:38:56 -0000
@@ -1822,9 +1822,7 @@
- /* Pass pc_rtx so no substitutions are done, just simplifications.
- The cases that we are interested in here do not involve the few
- cases were is_replaced is checked. */
+ /* Pass pc_rtx so no substitutions are done, just simplifications. */
subst_low_cuid = INSN_CUID (i1);
@@ -10049,7 +10047,7 @@
return gen_rtx_CLOBBER (GET_MODE (x), const0_rtx);
/* If we want to refer to something bigger than the original memref,
- generate a perverse subreg instead. That will force a reload
+ generate a paradoxical subreg instead. That will force a reload
of the original memref X. */
if (GET_MODE_SIZE (GET_MODE (x)) < GET_MODE_SIZE (mode))
return gen_rtx_SUBREG (mode, x, 0);
RCS file: /cvs/gcc/gcc/gcc/cse.c,v
retrieving revision 1.289
diff -u -r1.289 cse.c
--- cse.c 25 Feb 2004 00:54:30 -0000 1.289
+++ cse.c 1 Mar 2004 09:38:58 -0000
@@ -5031,7 +5031,7 @@
/* It is no longer clear why we used to do this, but it doesn't
appear to still be needed. So let's try without it since this
code hurts cse'ing widened ops. */
- /* If source is a perverse subreg (such as QI treated as an SI),
+ /* If source is a paradoxical subreg (such as QI treated as an SI),
treat it as volatile. It may do the work of an SI in one context
where the extra bits are not being used, but cannot replace an SI
in general. */
RCS file: /cvs/gcc/gcc/gcc/jump.c,v
retrieving revision 1.239
diff -u -r1.239 jump.c
--- jump.c 2 Feb 2004 00:17:16 -0000 1.239
+++ jump.c 1 Mar 2004 09:38:59 -0000
@@ -31,7 +31,7 @@
formerly used them. The JUMP_LABEL info is sometimes looked
at by later passes.
- The subroutines delete_insn, redirect_jump, and invert_jump are used
+ The subroutines redirect_jump and invert_jump are used
from other passes as well. */