This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] do not disregard LD_LIBRARY_PATH for native c++ tests
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, aldh at redhat dot com, Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 13:26:08 +0000
- Subject: Re: [patch] do not disregard LD_LIBRARY_PATH for native c++ tests
- Organization: ARM Ltd.
- Reply-to: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
> > 2004-02-27 Aldy Hernandez <email@example.com>
> > * lib/g++.exp (g++_link_flags): Append LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
> > ld_library_path.
> This isn't right and if you do this in objc.exp with dejagnu 1.4.4,
> ld_library_path eventually exceeds the maximum length for environment
> variables on hppa-linux. Look at unix.exp. It already appends
> a preexisting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to ld_library_path.
> Look at the solution in lib/libstdc++.exp. There is a better fix
> I have tested the following on hppa-linux.
This would have solved the problem I checked in a fix for this morning,
and is undoubtedly more general.
One comment. It looks like exactly the same code repeated in three
different places. Time for a new library routine?
> 2004-02-27 John David Anglin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * lib/g++.exp, lib/g77.exp, lib/objc.exp (LD_LIBRARY_PATH, SHLIB_PATH,
> DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH_32, LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64): Append
> original library path to the new environment library path.