This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] for PR 14229
- From: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- To: wilson at specifixinc dot com (Jim Wilson)
- Cc: rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz, danglin at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 21:23:27 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [patch] for PR 14229
> At this point, I think either patch is reasonable. I will approve both
> of them, and you can decide which way you want to go on this. I'd lean
> a bit towards the rtl_tidy_fallthru_edge change, because it removes a
> redundant test, and allows the optimization to mostly succeed (except
> for the part about deleting the branch).
I have tested the rtl_tidy_fallthru_edge patch on hppa-unknown-linux-gnu
and hppa64-hp-hpux11.11. There are no regressions and it also fixes the
problem noted in the PR. So, both patches fix the failure.
J. David Anglin email@example.com
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)