This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch [darwin specific]: remove incorrect elision of stubs
- From: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- To: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 27 Feb 2004 15:40:59 -0800
- Subject: Re: Patch [darwin specific]: remove incorrect elision of stubs
- References: <56252A44-6972-11D8-8C0E-000A95D7CD40@apple.com>
Dale Johannesen <email@example.com> writes:
> The Darwin code tried to avoid emitting its stub sequence for callees
> in some cases.
> This is incorrect because it doesn't work with scatter loading (and
> only a bit of .s and .o file space in any case), and was removed in
> Apple's local
> copy two years ago. We've managed to miss checking it into FSF all this
> time. Bootstrapped. OK?
This is OK.
- Geoffrey Keating <firstname.lastname@example.org>