This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] fix opt/10399, again
- From: law at redhat dot com
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 16:21:17 -0700
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] fix opt/10399, again
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
In message <20040227222332.GA18892@redhat.com>, Richard Henderson writes:
>When 10399 was fixed, we removed the problematic code from
>expand_builtin_str[n]cmp, but not simplify_builtin_str[n]cmp.
> * builtins.c (simplify_builtin_strcmp): Don't export. Remove
> length parameters. Remove conversion to memcmp.
> (simplify_builtin_strncmp): Likewise.
> * expr.h: Don't declare them.
> * tree-ssa-ccp.c (ccp_fold_builtin): Don't call them.
Thanks. Those were causing problems for other reasons (they tend to
create non-gimple code).
All this code needs to be cleaned up in a major way....