This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: include/ext/mt_allocator.h
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- To: Loren James Rittle <rittle at labs dot mot dot com>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 00:44:58 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: PATCH: include/ext/mt_allocator.h
- References: <200401240023.i0O0NBGB077885@latour.rsch.comm.mot.com>
On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Loren James Rittle wrote:
> As committed to mainline. Bootstrapped and regression checked on
> i386-unknown-freebsd4.9 (and elsewhere by others). Radical
> performance improvement noted on various platforms. Thank you Stefan!
> 2004-01-23 Stefan Olsson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * include/ext/mt_allocator.h: Reduce lock contention.
If this is so useful, would that be suitable for the 3.4 branch as well?
(Does this also help with the non-thread case?)