This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix ACATS failures in GCC 3.4
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: ebotcazou at act-europe dot fr
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 26 Feb 04 08:35:30 EST
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix ACATS failures in GCC 3.4
Here I don't see it anymore. Hence the question: is it safe or not
safe to strip these NOPs for MAX_EXPR, since you're saying that only
the type of the MAX_EXPR is supposed to matter?
Define "strip". If you mean in the tree, no, it's not: the types of
the operands of an arithmetic expression must *exactly* match that of
the expression itself.
If you mean in setting ARG0 and ARG1, then yes, it's safe to strip them
because those values aren't supposed to be put back into the tree without
being converted to the type of the tree.